Press +1 Announces Move to THE CANADIAN FILM REVIEW
Toronto, September 1st, 2013 -
In a move that exemplifies commitment to Canadian film, Press +1 Magazine announced that they will be dedicating their online presence to Canadian screen-based productions.
Moving forward in a show of solidarity with The Canadian Screen Awards, The Canadian Film Review will be continuing the online presence established by Press +1 magazine by focusing solely on Canadian Film, Television and Web Series.
Publisher and Editor-in-Chief, Kindah Mardam Bey, says “As much as I have loved showcasing the enormous talent across Canada and across multiple platforms of arts and entertainment, it has become clear to me that unlike any other aspect of Canadian entertainment, our films need dedicated advocates to stand up and commit themselves solely to the Canadian screen based industry, which is exactly what I am doing with the Canadian Film Review.”
What began as a web series showcasing new Canadian Film in 2011, THE CANADIAN FILM REVIEW shone the spotlight on a variety of Canadian film productions such as GOON, TAKE THIS WALTZ and EDWIN BOYD: CITIZEN GANGSTER. To build upon the success of the first season, the “little-show-that-could” made the move to Television audiences in Toronto and area on Rogers TV Cable 10/63 in Toronto/Scarborough on November 6, 2012. The Canadian Film Review television show continued to advocate for Canadian film with industry spotlights featuring media moguls such as ROBERT LANTOS (Serendipity Point Films), interviews with Canadian screen celebrities like JAY BARUCHEL (Goon), JOSHUA JACKSON (One Week, Inescapable) and KRISTIN KREUK (Irvine Welsh’s ECSTASY) and showcase news on emerging talents like TATIANA MASLANY (Picture Day, Cas & Dylan), SARAH GADON (Cosmopolis, A Dangerous Method) and JASON BUXTON (Blackbird). The second season was a resounding success drawing viewers both online and to watch the TV show.
Kindah Mardam Bey sees new challenges for Canadian films, “The old mindset that Canadian films are lacking in some way when compared to other films in other industries is a myth at this point. Being one of the rare people who watch almost every Canadian theatrical release in a year, my informed opinion can easily state that Canadian films are vibrant, challenging, courageous, funny, scary and often poetic that audiences embrace when they see them. As a publisher, web-show Producer and TV show Producer of the Canadian Film Review, I can also say that Canadian audiences are eager to be informed and engaged about their homegrown films.”
Press+1 Magazine has also shown their enthusiasm towards the small screen this year through recaps and articles on ten different Canadian television series with such varied audience appeal as Arctic Air, Mr. D, Orphan Black and Lost Girl.
Press+1 broke new ground with coverage of Web Series, a format fast becoming the future of entertainment and garnering attention through quality writing along with original concepts and content. Working closely with the Bell Media Fund and the Independent Production Fund to showcase series such as Guidestones and the stand-alone hit tween series Ruby Skye, P.I. now headed to CBC this fall, Kindah Mardam Bey’s publications are the frontrunner for covering Canadian Web Series.
The Canadian Film Review will have a brand new online address
Launched in 2007, PRESS+1 now has over 50 journalists from coast to coast submitting daily coverage. It is Canada’s largest independent online entertainment magazine. Publications such as The Globe & Mail, Huffington Post, Calgary Herald and British newspaper The Guardian have recently used PRESS+1 in coverage and as an expert reference based on its original content. www.pressplus1.com
To schedule Interviews contact:
Editor and Executive Assistant
|CONTEST Terms and Conditions|
|ARTICLES - CONTESTS|
|Written by Processed By Editor|
|Tuesday, 05 July 2011 00:00|
1. No purchase necessary to enter this contest. Limit of one entry per person. Entries that are incomplete will be disqualified. Press+1 Inc. shall not be responsible for entries lost, misdirected or delayed. Entries received by any other method (phone, fax, courier, e-mail or dropped off in person) will not be accepted.
2. The prize will be outlined in the article this document is linked to and nothing additional.
3. The winner will be selected in a random draw from all eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by being tagged on the Press+1 facebook page or emailed directly. If a selected entrant cannot be reached within a reasonable amount of time, or does not claim his/her prize within 24 hours of the draw dates they have been selected for or does not meet all the contest conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
4. This contest is open to all residents of Canada. Entrants who are under the age of majority in their province of residence are not eligible to enter unless otherwise specified.
5. This offer is void where prohibited by law. Chances of winning are solely dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. This contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and participation in the contest indicates acceptance of all contest rules and regulations
6. The decisions of the contest judges are final. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash. The prize winner has the sole responsibility of paying any taxes connected to the prize, if any. By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image on video tape for publicity purposes in all Press+1 Inc. media outlets without payment or compensation.
7. Press+1 Inc. accepts no liability or responsibility in connection with any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising out of this contest or the prize.
8. If this contest permits entries to be received via e-mail or Internet, no responsibility will be taken for any failure of the website during the promotion or for any problems or technical malfunction of a telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, on-line or Internet entry to be received by Press+1 Inc. on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Press+1 Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Internet portion of this contest should a virus, bug or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Press+1 Inc. corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made Press+1 reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.